- Small Group Post-Institute Workshop for Coaches of Coaches Vegas - Feb. 3, 2018
February 3, 2018
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
PLEASE NOTE: THIS ADDITIONAL SPECIAL COACHING COACHES SESSION IS NOT AVAILABLE UNLESS YOU ARE REGISTERED FOR THE PREVIOUS FIVE-DAY INTENSIVE INSTRUCTIONAL COACHING INSTITUTE. IT IS AN ADD-ON ONLY AND CANNOT BE ATTENDED SEPARATE FROM THE INTENSIVE WORKSHOP. Please double check for availability before making travel arrangements.
Small Group Post-Institute Session
Our goal behind what we do at the Instructional Coaching Group is that “every student receives excellent instruction everyday in every class.” We believe that instructional coaching is the most powerful way to make this happen. We also know that coaches will need support to implement the knowledge and skills necessary for coaching success and that coaches who are not supported by leaders in their school district will encounter many roadblocks.
This post-institute session has been created so that people who are responsible for coaches or who coach coaches will have an opportunity learn and plan how to set up their coaching program to ensure their coaches have the knowledge and skills they need to succeed. During this workshop, a small group of participants will partner with Jim Knight to (a) learn how to apply all of the coaching coaches tools that have been developed by the Instructional Coaching Group, (b) develop specific plans for supporting coaches and educating others in their district, and (c) learn and share with others who are developing or supporting coaches.
February 3, 2018 – This workshop is limited to 10 people. Please double check for availability before making travel arrangements.
Friday 6:00 to 8:00 PM: Planning Dinner Meeting
- Identify opportunities and roadblocks
- Hear each person’s coaching plans
- Tailor Saturday’s schedule to address each individual’s needs
Saturday 8:30 to 4:00: Reviewing the ICG Coaching Tools and Making Coaching PD Plans
- Review the ICG surveys for assessing coaches’ communication skills, leadership skills, knowledge of practices, and knowledge of data
- Plan how to support coaches so they effectively implement the Impact Cycle and apply the Partnership Principles
- Develop week-by-week professional development and coaching plans to provide effective support for coaches
Please note: Since this session is designed to help leaders support coaches as they implement the skills and knowledge from the Intensive Instructional Coaching Institute, those who apply to attend this small group session, must attend all five days of the Intensive Instructional Coaching Institute.
If you are interested in this event please apply here: (308) 496-4724 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org